Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nostalgia Critic....

Three years ago, I stumbled onto a website called http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/, and became a fan: NC, Linkara, Spoony, Cinema Snob...I discovered alot of cool people on that site. I'm a big fan of Doug Walker, he's a funny dude. Now, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but his latest "Top 11 Review" has me a bit perplexed. First and Foremost, I'm not trashing Walker, TGWTG, or his credentials; I'm just pointing out what I saw.

In his latest video "Top 11 Dumbest SPIDERMAN Moments", I had a few things to say:

  1.  Spider-Man, Not Spiderman. There's a hyphen
  2.  Emo-Peter was a terrible decision
  3.  Venom should have been given his own movie
  4. There was never a "Lizardman", just "The Lizard"
  5. Doc Ock is meant to be insane, and obsessed with his work over his wife; it's how he was portrayed in the comics (minus the wife). Maybe Linkara should have gone over a few errors with Walker before putting it on the web
  6. John jameson was meant to be seen, not heard. He's Peter's rival, not his friend. Although Walker's idea about Jameson becoming Venom was better than Topher Grace
  7. Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer.... did nothing for Walker? I was pretty mad. But again, Walker admits he's unfamiliar with the comics. Again, maybe a counterpoint reviewer would have benefitted Walker's review.
Let it not be said I don't have a sense of humor, but I'm a Spider-Man fan, and I needed to address my concerns.

-Later!

P.S. I'm still on the fence about the new Spider-man costume by the way.

No comments: