Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Green Lantern Trailer

okay, so this week was the release of the teaser trailer for 2011's Green Lantern, starring Ryan Reynolds. I watched the trailer last night, and I had a mixed reaction. For the most part, I enjoyed what I saw: the action was interesting, getting me excited for the movie. But, this is a movie about Green Lantern, specifically the most well known GL Corps member: Hal Jordan. Don't get me wrong, I like Ryan Reynolds (usually), but here it doesn't feel like he's the right actor to play a fearless, cocky test pilot. Sure, he got the arrogant part of Hal's character, but I don't feel that he can show that Hal can stare down any challenge that comes his way: maybe I'll be proven wrong when the movie premieres next summer, but that's my initial reaction. Finally, the GL costume seen in the trailer: IT SUCKS. Oh man, it is so poorly animated I couldn't believe how it stands out like a sore thumb. The suit should be made of fabric, not CGI dots. Just see it for yourself. I just can't believe someone in the editing bay saw that brief 2 second moment of the costume and said, "Yeah, it's fine to show to audiences".

What do you think of the trailer?

No comments: